Troup Bywaters + Anders
TB + A are a nationwide building services engineering and design consultancy. Sustainability is embedded within their business and is a key part of their business strategy, they have been CCCA members since 2011. Since joining they have been involved in Alliance events, are annually disclosing their data and have been awarded annual Marks of Achievement most recently Carbon Champion. In 2012 they were Highly Commended for Outstanding Contribution to Environmental Sustainability at the EECO Awards and again in 2015 at the Camden Business Awards.
- TB+A achieved a 10% decrease in their carbon footprint for the financial year 2009-10 and 14% in 2010 -11
- They have achieved and retained ISO14001 certification
- TB+A have a longstanding ‘Eco-mmittee’ driving sustainability across the organisation
- Winners of Investors in People 2016 ‘Excellence in CSR’ (up to 249 employees)
- Successfully deliver annual ‘Eco-week’ working with CCCA, their members and partners in the industry to inform and engage staff and stakeholders in sustainability issues.
- Awarded ‘Carbon Champion’ mark of achievement by CCCA
- Industry leaders in Apprenticeships & Award-Winning scheme.
- Recycling scheme and energy monitoring in place across all national offices.
Paul Gooden, Sustainability Manager & Eco-mmittee co-founder at TB+A said: “Joining the CCCA has helped us drive forward internal environmental performance improvements and also establish, and enhance, partnerships with other local businesses. It provides access to a network to share experience and best practice, and for TB+A resulted in mutual collaboration and knowledge exchange with other Alliance members.
I would advise any organisation looking to carry out sustainability improvement to go for it. It’s a step by step journey, there will be challenges but don’t give up. Get management buy-in, continually raise awareness and make activities fun in order to achieve the best results from employees.”
Read full case study: Troup Bywaters + Anders
How CCCA can help your organisation