Islington, Camden and Enfield’s highly successful Freight Consolidation Service (FCS) is now open to businesses in the boroughs looking to save money, reduce site traffic, cut carbon emissions and improve air pollution.
How does it work?
The DHL operated Freight Consolidation Service warehouse facility is based in Edmonton, North London. The FCS receives orders from your suppliers and delivers them to your addresses in Central and North London 3 times a week. It can also be used as an interim storage facility for IT equipment, books, office supplies, cleaning supplies, retail, brochures, tableware etc.
- Less staff time spent dealing with deliveries
- Reduce vehicle noise and air pollution
- Avoid paying multiple delivery costs and obtain supply chain savings through negotiated discounts
- Reduce the number of 1/2 full vehicles attending your building
- Control the quantity & flow of goods into your premises
- Consolidate purchasing into fewer suppliers
- Order in bulk quantities, store at the centre
First published: 13/01/16
Author: Ana Lopez, CCCA Sustainability Officer