Would your business like to be more sustainable, reduce waste and costs?
Did you know that we use almost 3 billion cups per year in the UK? That is enough to stretch around the world 5.5 times!
#InTheLoop is coming to Camden! Camden Climate Change Alliance are partnering with Veolia and Business Improvement Districts in the borough to tackle the problem of disposable coffee cups.
The Camden Recycles Cups project will be launched in the Fitzrovia area with a business breakfast drop in 8.30am-10am on 16th December at The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, Fitzrovia WC1E 7BT. Drop by to learn more about how you can get involved. Register to attend for free on
What does the project offer?
Camden Recycles Cups is offering office-based businesses and independent cafes across the borough of Camden the opportunity to receive FREE support and cup collections.
Office-based business and independent cafes will receive:
- FREE internal cup recycling bin (offices only)
- FREE internal resources to communicate to staff, visitors and customers
- 6 months FREE collection (max 1 per fortnight)
- FREE promotion as a participant through the CCCA, Veolia and partner networks
- Opportunity to be a case study
Already a café recycling used paper coffee cups? Get in touch and we will provide a window sticker to add you to the network.
Why recycle cups?
- Every day, we bin 8 million paper cups in the UK, that’s more than 5,500 per minute
- Less than 4% of paper cups in the UK are currently recycled – be part of the solution!
- Paper cups currently can’t be recycled in most mixed recycling bins as they’re made of mixed materials – paper with a plastic lining to make the cup waterproof.
Benefits to your business
- Increase your site’s recycling rate.
- Show leadership on a high-profile issue that employees care about.
- Start a much broader conversation about reducing waste
- Encourage employee, client and partner behaviour change towards recycling and reusable products.
- Improve existing recycling by removing the cups which cause contamination.
- Be able to create a closed loop system by buying products made from the recycled paper
If you are unable to attend the event, please register your interest in the project by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.