We are looking for office-based businesses and independent cafes to take part in Camden Recycles Cups to tackle the problem of disposable single-use coffee cups.
Launched in late 2019 the #InTheLoop project was put on hold for businesses due to COVID lockdown restrictions. We are now seeking additional businesses to take part in the scheme based at any location in the borough.
We’re working with various business improvement districts in the borough as well as our project partner Veolia to recruit businesses to take part.
What does the project offer?
Camden Recycles Cups offers office-based businesses and independent cafes across the borough of Camden the opportunity to receive FREE support and cup collections from our project partner Veolia.
Office-based business and independent cafes will receive:
- FREE internal cup recycling bin (offices only)
- FREE internal resources to communicate to staff, visitors and customers
- 13 FREE collections (max 1 per fortnight)
- FREE promotion as a participant through the CCCA, Veolia and partner networks
- Opportunity to be a case study
Already a café recycling used paper coffee cups? Get in touch and we will provide a window sticker to add you to the network.
Places are limited. Register your interest to participate in the project as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com.
Why recycle cups?
- Did you know that we use almost 3 billion cups per year in the UK? That is enough to stretch around the world 5.5 times!
- Every day, we bin 8 million paper cups in the UK, that’s more than 5,500 per minute
- Less than 4% of paper cups in the UK are currently recycled – be part of the solution!
- Paper cups currently can’t be recycled in most mixed recycling bins as they’re made of mixed materials – paper with a plastic lining to make the cup waterproof.
Benefits to your business
- Increase your site’s recycling rate.
- Show leadership on a high-profile issue that employees care about.
- Start a much broader conversation about reducing waste
- Encourage employee, client and partner behaviour change towards recycling and reusable products.
- Improve existing recycling by removing the cups which cause contamination.
- Be able to create a closed loop system by buying products made from the recycled paper
Thanks to our project funders Hubbub.
Take a look at our launch photos (note: these were before COVID restrictions) and resources available on our dedicated Camden Recycles Cups project page