Global Generation are an Educational charity, which works together with local children and young people, businesses, residents and families in to create healthy, integrated and environmentally responsible communities. The Story Garden project:
- Connects people of all ages to nature in the middle of the city.
- Focusses on the development of people, providing practical experiences and support for children and young people to become catalysts for change in their communities. This includes combining activities such as urban food growing, supporting bees, carpentry, cooking, and eating together with dialogue, story, creative writing, silence and stillness.
It tackles the climate crisis through:
- A youth programmes focus on intersectional issues.
- Teaching people how to grow food, save water and restore soil and biodiversity.
- Involves people who would not normally engage in the Climate Crisis.
- Skip Parklets on Leighton Road, Gardens in schools, housing estates and in front of restaurants, businesses and Institutions.
Support to the community is through:
- ‘Generator’ youth social action programme and become ambassadors for positive social environmental change, led to creation of more initiatives.
- “Can-do” citizen led approach.
- Projects have inspired local residents to take on their own bio-diverse, food producing greening projects.
- Provide a safe and space for young people to dive into race, migration and privilege.
Find out more about Global Generation here