Join Camden Council and the Somers Town Future Neighbourhood 2030 team this Clean Air Day as we share a range of initiatives that could help you play your part in improving the quality of the air we breathe! Find out how you can protect yourself from air pollution while out and about and at home, as well as have your say on how Camden is taking action to improve air quality and protect the health of all who live, work go to school and visit the borough.
Air pollution is the biggest environmental threat to our health, no matter who you are or where you live. It can harm every organ in your body and can shorten our lives, contributing to chronic illnesses such as asthma.
Time: Thu, 16 June 2022, 2pm-5pm
This year, the Clean Air Day campaign is focusing on walking, which has positive benefits for your health and the planet. Simple actions you can take include:
- Walking or cycling short-distance trips and leaving the car at home, where you can.
- Choosing less polluted routes when walking about
- Doing what you can to reduce air pollution in your home
Come along and learn about what services are available to help you contribute to tackling local air pollution, including:
- Borrowing a bike from the council (including cargo bikes)
- Free bike maintenance and tips
- Free cycling training
- Measuring local air pollution, including inside your home
The event is free and open to the public – you can simply show up on the day.
More information through eventbrite here