The Camden Climate Change Alliance is calling businesses in the borough to join us on Clean Air Day (20 June). The aim of the day is to raise public awareness of air quality and share what local businesses and organisations are doing to contribute to tackling this urgent issue.
Clean Air Day is a chance to find out more about air pollution, share information with your clients and colleagues, and do things to make the air cleaner and healthier for everyone.
We are planning to run a social media campaign during the week commencing on 17 June highlighting what are we and others doing in Camden to improve air quality. We will be using the #CleanAirDay and #CleanAirCamden hashtags and will be retweeting throughout the week using the CCCA Tweeter account @camdenclimate, and the Council corporate account @camdencouncil.
No action is too small to share. Here are some of the activities we know local businesses are doing:
• Encouraging staff to walk or cycle to work-related meetings
• Offering staff access to a ‘cycle to work scheme’
• Encouraging staff and customers not to idle their car engines
• Encouraging staff to use ‘click and collect’ services to redirect their deliveries from central London
• Providing zero or low carbon deliveries to customers
• Taking part in a local consolidation scheme (e.g. waste collection, delivery centre, stationary purchasing) to reduce the number of vehicles visiting the area
• Monitoring and controlling air quality inside premises.
We have created a simple form for you to let us know what you are doing and join this high profile campaign. Register your interest ASAP