The Knowledge Quarter 2021 Conference will take place virtually from Tuesday 6 to Thursday 8 July
2021, 1pm-4pm each day.
The Future of Knowledge: Building Back Together, will explore real-world strategies for creating a fairer, more inclusive society, after the coronavirus pandemic.
Boasting delegates and speakers from some of the UK’s most high-profile research institutions and
beloved cultural organisations, the KQ conference this year, more than ever before, will be a celebration
of the strength, public value and resilience of the UK’s knowledge economy.
This conference, arriving at this point in history, provides a unique opportunity for KQ partners and
friends to explore new ways of working together. Panel discussions and workshops will invite delegates
to reflect on how COVID-19 has altered the trajectory of every sector, from the sciences to technology,
media, politics, education and culture, and how this change might be harnessed to rebuild an economy
and public life that works for the widest possible benefit.
What’s more, this year’s conference, being virtual, will be entirely free to view online.
The programme includes:
- Keynote addresses from activist and writer Kajal Odedra and award-winning poet and teacher
Raymond Antrobus MBE.
- Panel discussions on ‘The Future of Working Together’, ‘The Future of Learning Together’ and ‘The Future of Growing Together’, with participants including: Lord David Willetts, President of Resolution Foundation; Compassion in Politics Co-Director Jennifer Nadel; Oxford University’s Professor Ian Goldin; Josh Hillman, Director of Education at the Nuffield Foundation; and Dr Carol Homden OBE, CEO of Coram.
- Lightning Talks of case studies of the KQ’s innovative work at the cutting edge of knowledge sharing.
- Youth Roundtable discussions where young people studying, living and working in the KQ area will
address the themes of the day.
- Virtual Lounge, from platform host Hubilo, offers KQ partners a seamless and efficient networking experience, allowing delegates to interact between sessions.
Free tickets available here.