Caring for our oceans isn’t easy…except for when it is.
Did you know…
In the UK alone, it is estimated that 800 plastic bottles per minute end up in landfill or as litter. The average Londoner buys 175 single-use plastic bottles every year. Less than half of these get recycled.
Camden Climate Change Alliance is supporting Refill London, a City to Sea campaign, backed by Thames Water, in their aim of making tap water refills as accessible as possible by recruiting businesses concerned about the environment as Refill Stations.
How does it work?
This initiative is open to all kinds of businesses and there are currently 2,000 businesses signed up as Refill Stations in London alone and over 10,000 across the UK!
If you want to add yourself to the plastic-pollution fighting initiative, simply download the free Refill app and add your business to the map so thirsty passers-by know they are welcome in for a tap water top up.
Benefits of signing your business up
Apart from the environmental benefits and the feel-good factor of knowing you’re helping tackle plastic pollution, there are great business benefits too!
- Customers value responsible business and are more likely to make a purchase if a business provides free water
- Build meaningful relationships with customers
- Increase your green exposure and in turn your footfall
- Be part of a growing movement and add join well-known chains and independents alike
- Great social content and PR opportunities
Follow the link to find out more and to sign up: Refill London