Solar Together London is a group-buying scheme to help businesses, community organisations and residents to purchase and install solar panels. Set up by the Mayor of London, it brings together groups and uses collective purchasing power to enable high quality solar panels to be procured and installed at a competitive price.
Solar Together has been operating across the UK since 2012, with schemes taking place across the country in partnership with Local Authorities. The scheme has facilitated the installation of over 17,000 solar panels and has helped save approximately 35,000 tonnes of CO2e.
Solar Together is open to SMEs and Commonhold Associations who are freeholders of their premises, or have permission from their Landlord to install solar panels. Solar Together is available for solar arrays up to a maximum of 50 panels.
How does it work?
- Register – Register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation until 22nd October 2019.
- Auction – Pre-vetted UK solar PV suppliers participate in an auction run by the independent group-buying experts, iChoosr. Suppliers are able to offer compelling pricing as the volume and geographic concentration will make it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations.
- Your offer – After the auction, registered parties will receive a personal recommendation, which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- Offer accepted and installation – If you choose to accept the recommendation, the specifics of the installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system. Installations are scheduled to be completed by the end of March 2020.
Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process and information sessions will allow you to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
Benefits for your business
- Reduce your energy bills by using electricity straight from the solar panels on your roof!
- Reduce your carbon emissions by using renewable electricity.
- Show your clients that you are committed to tackling the climate crisis.
In addition to the above, you may also be eligible for funding from the Camden Climate Fund to help reduce the cost of the installation*.
*Subject to eligibility and availability