The Solar Together scheme assists residents and organisations to purchase low-cost, high-quality solar panels which helps to tackle the climate crisis in Camden.
A group-buying scheme, it is open to all Camden residents who own their own house (or have permission from the landlord to install a solar photovoltaic system), small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and some Commonhold Associations.
Use of solar PV systems:
- Provides clean, green energy
- Contributes to carbon emissions reduction
- Reduces the cost of energy bills and increases your energy independence
Businesses in Camden account for 66% of direct emissions, therefore installing solar PV can significantly improve the energy efficiency of your building whilst helping to demonstrate to your clients your commitment to tackling the climate crisis. Register before 15 March to take part in this scheme.
Do you already have solar panels installed? You can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system.
How does it work?
- Registration: you can register from 7 February until 15 March for free and without obligation at www.solartogether.co.uk/camden. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
- Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 15 March where our pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household. The installer with the lowest bid will win the auction.
- Personal recommendation: from 4 April you will be contacted with your personal recommendation, based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your system.
- You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 13 May to decide and will be invited to an information session.
- Installation – If you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of October 2022.
For more information, visit Solar Together Camden where you can submit any queries and contact the helpdesk directly.
Freephone helpline is also available (0800 060 85 09) Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm, to answer any further questions.
For information relating to the installation of solar PV and planning guidance, please see here.