Sustainability Awards 2019
The Camden and Islington Sustainability Awards 2019 recognised the achievements of businesses, community organisations and schools who are leading the way on sustainability
Camden Climate Change Alliance (CCCA) and Islington Sustainable Energy Partnership (ISEP) are lead the first ever cross borough awards with a ceremony taking place on 21st November 2019 at the prestigious Jerwood Hall, home of the London Symphony Orchestra.
For over 10 years, CCCA and ISEP have been working with businesses and other organisations to identify and deliver projects that reduce energy costs, cut carbon emissions and manage environmental impacts. The awards ceremony will brought together high profile speakers, businesses and other organisations for an evening of celebration, knowledge exchange and networking.
It is free to apply for the Awards which are open to all organisations based or operating in each borough. There are eight award categories for each borough:
- Energy efficiency and carbon reduction – Recognises excellence in managing and reducing carbon emissions due to energy consumption. Sponsored by Workspace (for Camden and Islington awards)
- Improving air quality – Recognises initiatives that reduce air pollutants including PM10 and NO2. Sponsored by Lendlease (for Camden award)
- Resource management and recycling – Recognises excellence in projects aimed at reducing the environmental impacts of materials (including related waste and disposal) as well as other sources such as water. Sponsored by Veolia (for Camden award)
- Employee engagement – Recognises projects aimed at engaging employees in relation to sustainability issues.
- Leadership in green procurement – Recognises the use of procurement to support the growth and promotion of the low carbon economy. Sponsored by BEE Midtown (for Camden and Islington award)
- Sustainability champion – Recognises the contribution individuals have made in the implementation and embedding of sustainability practices in an organisation. Sponsored by The Fitzrovia Partnership (for Camden award)
Best community environmental project – Recognises the efforts of community groups working to improve their local environment. Sponsored by GLL – Better Gyms (for Camden and Islington awards)
Best sustainable school initiative – Recognises schools that have reduced the impact of their operations, raised sustainability awareness and engaged with the wider school community. Sponsored by Alara wholefood (for Camden award)
Award winners will receive
- An award trophy and certificate
- Recognition via the CCCA and the Council website
- Official awards stamp for their website
- Promotional case study
The award ceremony took place on the evening of 21 November 2019 at the prestigious Jerwood Hall, home to the London Symphony Orchestra, in Islington.
ENTRY DEADLINE Apply by midnight Sunday 03 November 2019.
Our judging panel
Sustainability experts have been picked for their specialist knowledge and experience within their field:
Energy Saving Trust
Friends of the Earth
London Waste and Recycling Board
Business in the Community
Kings College London